*** Position is only open for candidates already eligible to live and work in the EU ***
For one of our clients, a recently open trendy 4**** property in the heart of Brussels, Belgium, we are searching for an Assistant Finance Manager to join the team.
As the Assistant Financial Manager you will be responsible for the Finance team and ensuring that all financial controls are in place to produce accurate management accounts within the timescale set by the company.
You will also be responsible for completing revenue audits, controlling the company bank account, preparing month-end journals and balance sheet reconciliation as well as the accurate and timely preparation of revenue and statistical reports combined with the sequential control of documentation.
You will be an excellent and confident communicator with exceptional people skills and the ability to develop your team to deliver an outstanding product and guest service. You will be passionate about your team and have previous experience of training or leading within a similar role in a quality hotel environment.
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support to the Financial Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the company.
- Assist Financial Manager to prepare and submit reports that are concise, comprehensive, accurate and timely. This includes all financial reports, monthly and yearly closing of accounts, P&L, food cost, operating budgets, cash flows and financial forecasts.
- Assist Financial Manager in the VAT declaration according to Belgian fiscal law.
- Practise effective balance sheet management and ensure the reconciliation are completed monthly.
- Practise effective cash flow management and to communicate all significant cash flows to Financial Manager on a regular basis.
- Assist in developing Department Heads so that they may take more responsibility for forecasting their department operating and financial performance.
- Assist Financial Manager to ensure the compliance level to relevant contractual and legal obligations; Finance Standard Operating Procedures;
- Assist in managing any financial requests/duties as may be requested from Head Office and Owner.
- Advice on strategies aimed at cost minimisation and maximisation of revenue opportunities.
- Review and monitor internal controls within the hotel.
- Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that employees have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
- Oversee the selection and appointment of new employees within the department.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
- Hospitality experience is a must
- Proven experience in a comparable Finance role in Belgium
- A fully- or part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification with good Excel skills along with an exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional level of communication, organisation, attention to detail, and a strong accounting background with duties include balance sheet reconciliations, month end closing preparations, as well as fixed asset register preparations
- Strong level of leadership, analytical and numerical skills, legislation and information systems knowledge
- Proven experience with Opera/Micros (PMS/POS) and accounting systems like SAP, Oracle, Exact etc.
- An excellent knowledge of French and English, Dutch is an asset
Competitive package + benefits