Job title: Bar Manager – full time
Reports directly to: Food & Beverage Manager
Direct Reports: F&B Department
Overall Job Purpose
- Functions as the creative and operational leader of the property’s bars, from drinks menu creation, choice of suppliers, to high mixology and barista skills at the service of unique customer experiences.
- The position ensures the bar operations meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures team satisfaction, and focuses on creating a never-before seen drinks experience.
- The bar manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train staff, and ensure that guests are receiving unexpected and fun drinks, food, and service.
- The Bar Manager will also manage inventory and resources, costing, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
- The Bars of Cardo will also host group corporate events in addition to individual guests. The bar team, managed by the Bar Manager, should know how to provide service to this clientele as well, execute beverage package and catering services.
- The Bar Manager is an adaptable asset to the Food & Beverage team, showing flexibility to answer operational needs depending on activity. That employee is deployable in any other F&B department were needed or requested .
- Highly creative mixologist, in touch with latest trends in the mixology world
- Strong Barista skills
- Shining personality, to be the face of the Cardo Bars
- Skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
- Committed, proactive bar manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Great Organizational skills & flexible
- Customer service-oriented
- Excellent team leader
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Fluent in both English and French, third language is a plus.
- Strong understanding of mixology and barista
- Previous hotel business experience is an asset
- Affinity with a more refined lifestyle
- Experienced in team management, from scheduling to trainings.
Education and Experience
Minimum 3-year experience in similar role.
- Directs and regular reports to the F&B Manager, on team satisfaction, overall performance, input & ideas, beverage menu creation, supplier suggestions, etc.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Identify opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Stay aware of market trends and introduces new beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Manage costs by creation of fiche techniques, & costing the beverage menu before submitting it or changes to the F&B Manager
What We Offer
We’ll reward all your fabulous work with an exciting international environment in the most awaited lifestyle hotel opening of Brussels.
We offer hospital insurance, eco-chèques and Sodexo meal card, extra-legal pension plan for Horeca, and provide for your uniform and cleaning.
By joining Cardo, you’ll also join the global Marriott family, opening doors to fabulous discounts all over the world on hotel rooms and food & beverage. We also offer unique trainings and development opportunities in the world’s biggest hotel group.
If this sounds like an adventure you’d enjoy, please send your application to our Food & Beverage Manager, Joanna, at Joanna.email@example.com