Job title: Barista – full time
Reports directly to: Bar Manager
Direct Reports: F&B Department
Overall Job Purpose
- The Barista is part of the bar team, with an advanced knowledge in coffee preparations. He/she contributes to providing an outstanding service, creating out-of-the-ordinary experiences for the guests
- In addition to mixology and bar knowledge, the Barista skills include great coffee making, mastering milks and foams, up to good knowledge of teas.
- The Barista participates in all aspects of the shift, from mise-en-place to food service, including order taking and cashiering.
- The position ensures the bar operations meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures guest satisfaction, and focuses on creating a never-before seen drinks experience.
- The Barista is an adaptable asset to the Food & Beverage team, showing flexibility to answer operational needs depending on activity. That employee is deployable in any other F&B department were needed or requested .
- The Bars of Cardo will sometimes host group corporate events in addition to individual guests. The barista should know how to provide service to this clientele as well, execute beverage package and catering services.
- Strong Barista skills in touch with latest trends in the coffee world
- Shining personality, to be the face of the Cardo Bars
- Committed, proactive barista who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Great organizational skills & flexible
- Customer service-oriented
- Excellent team player
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Fluent in both English and French, third language is a plus.
- Strong understanding of mixology and barista
- Previous hotel business experience is an asset
- Affinity with a more refined lifestyle
Education and Experience
Minimum 2-year experience in similar role.
- Directly and regularly reports to the Bar Manager, on overall performance and satisfaction, input & ideas.
- Participates in all aspects of the shift, from mise-en-place to food service, including order taking and cashering.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention, according to brand standards.
- Be knowledgeable on barista skills in order to train the teams and provide an upscale service, encourage discovery.
What We Offer
We’ll reward all your fabulous work with an exciting international environment in the most awaited lifestyle hotel opening of Brussels.
We offer hospital insurance, eco-chèques and Sodexo meal card, extra-legal pension plan for Horeca, and provide for your uniform and cleaning.
By joining Cardo, you’ll also join the global Marriott family, opening doors to fabulous discounts all over the world on hotel rooms and food & beverage. We also offer unique trainings and development opportunities in the world’s biggest hotel group.
If this sounds like an adventure you’d enjoy, please send your application to our Food & Beverage Manager, Joanna, at Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org