For our client in Brussels, an important Hotel Investor and currently acquiring multiple properties across Europe, we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
You will be responsible for developing commercial strategies for all owned properties and supporting commercial teams for all managed properties in order to maximize total revenue and profit performance.
You will be accountable for establishing a commercial strategy reaching all segments and channels to ensure maximum market penetration and peak profit performance.
For this role, candidates must have strong and recent hospitality industry experience and with relevant experience in Sales (MICE Segment is a big +), Revenue Management, Marketing and Digital Marketing, Distribution (Online & Offline + Direct & Indirect).
Ideal Candidate is curently in a DOS, Senior Sales or Revenue Management role in a Multiple Hotels environment/Corporate Environment.
- Action orientated with a drive for results
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to work under pressure and to strong targets
- Ability to use strategic initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Very effective communicator
- Positive approach
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English & French ( dutch is a plus)
- understanding of Corporate environment
- Hospitality Sales Management (MICE Segment)
- Hospitality Revenue Management (able to manage a RMC)
- Hospitality Distribution & E-commerce (Online & Offline + Direct & Indirect)
- Hospitality Marketing and Digital Markerting
Education and Experience
- Strong experience in similar role in comparable organization.
- 5 to 10 years in Hospitality Sales and/or Hospitality Revenue Management
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead and work with Team Members
- Experience in presenting strategic sales & revenue analysis to senior level executives and constituent groups
- Strong commercial understanding including Sales, Marketing, E-Commerce, Revenue management and Finance
- Successful track record of working in a collaborative/matrixed environment
- Ability to evaluate and identify business opportunities for a business
Business Development is expected to proactively lead the teams he/she coordinates. He/she will maintain and develop effective customer relations by prospecting new business opportunities as well as exercising positive influence over key stakeholders.
- Review Commercial reports (e.g. P&L, Budget, Forecast, Pick-up/BOB) for managed properties & rental properties
- Attend revenue meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy
- Put strategies in place in order to maximize revenues (e.g. guest relocations, guest refund requests, group pricing requests, group cancellation policies, push for guests to postpone their stay rather than refunding them, etc.
- Create and implement short-term and long-term sales goals with knowledge of the market
- Execute the sales strategy and ensure individual booking goals are met
- Review STR report, shopping reports and other resources to maintain awareness of the hotels market positioning.
- Identify public relations opportunities and coordinate activities to augment the overall marketing communications strategy
Revenue & Distribution
- Segmentation forecasts for future projects
- Analyse market forecast reports to recommend reopening strategies
- Analyse existing systems to recommend/optimise current distribution (PMS/IBE/CRS) Understand and contribute to overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we maximize every single revenue opportunity
- Support the Revenue Managers/Outsourced Revenue Management to establish an optimal mix, review and validate forecasts, develop strategies for different demand periods, and review and approve retail and group pricing strategies.
- Works with Revenue Management team to develop effective pricing strategies, balancing seasonality, economy, customer segments, and properties objectives
- Identifies ways to grow occupancy, RevPAR, and market share by researching and staying aware of competitor strategies
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, and providing a return on investment for the owner and investors
Marketing, Communications & E-Commerce
- Support/Assist outsourced Webmaster in creation of optimised websites (e.g. design, wireframes, functionality, SEO, copywriting, booking engine, etc.)
- Support/Assist outsourced Webmaster in optimisation of existing hotel websites (e.g. page speed, SEO, functionality, etc.)
- Communicate/Debrief with outsourced Graphic Agency for one-off graphic requests
- Lead, mentor and support Commercial Department team to create social media content calendars to create brand awareness for all Everland owned properties
- Works with online media outlets to promote the hotel.
- Organizes and conducts all photo shoots for web site content.
- Optimize, design and build relevant digital channels.
- Create content for hotel website.
- Create schedule of pre, post stay marketing messages based on calendar, and need periods.
- Drive outsourced Digital Marketing supplier for SEM campaigns.
- Create visuals for SEM campaigns
- Analyse monthly SEM campaigns reports in order to optimise performance.
- Verifies that sales engines is leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
- Validates that sales and marketing strategy is aligned and is effectively executed against established goals
- Propose marketing actions for the residential development projects
Business Strategy Development & Execution:
- Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition
- Explores new business opportunities
- Develops business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share
- Evaluates the success of property business strategies to inform future business plan enhancements
- Continually ensures business plans and actions have a positive impact on property performance
- Gaining understanding of the location’s primary target customer
- Weekly & monthly follow-up on all letting/ rental /syndic
- Propose sales strategies for the renting of the rental properties