At Pepe Nero, our traditional, family-centered restaurant, we’re looking for 1 ragazza/ragazzi in Leuven to support us in the role of:
You have a passion for Italian food & drink. You make it your mission make our guests feel welcome from the moment they walk in all the way to a heartfelt ‘Arrivederci’. Sharing that passion with others comes naturally to you. The same goes for leading people in a positive & forward-looking way. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to provide a great, all-round service experience. Along the way, you honed your skills by working in similar horeca-related roles. It’s in your blood: you truly come alive when a restaurant runs at full capacity.
You’re business fluent in Dutch & English. A bit of French helps, as does Italian. This is a very hands-on position, but we highly value creativity, a mind that’s eager to learn, and a drive for continuous improvement. A very healthy sense of humor is a great bonus.
In short: people love working with you and for you.
Who are you?
In this position you will report to our Restaurant Manager(s), and your key roles & responsibilities are:
- Own the day-2-day operational leadership of the restaurant and be responsible for its A-Z performance
- Plan daily / weekly shifts and check working hours to ensure our high quality- & service levels align well with productive staffing levels
- Lead, coach, develop and evaluate your team
- Monitor, check and adapt reservations in Resengo and by email
- You take part in recruiting members for your team
- Monitor stock-levels and ensure on-time, on-quality and on-budget re-supply through good, structured communication with the Pizzaiolos, our central kitchen and external suppliers
- Manage HACCP and HSE procedures, related checklists and wastage control
- Promote and grow the business through campaigns, cross- & up-selling
- Managing of all the section service operations: supervises the floor MEP, indicates the guests the best fitting tables, picks the orders, raises the sales
- Communicating with management, proposes step-ups and disciplinary warnings for runners and service staff;
- You work mostly evening shifts, occasionally you assist in lunch service
What’s in it for you?…
…aside from an awesome job and joining a cool team?
- A full-time contract (38 hours), 2 consecutive days OFF
- Meal vouchers after 6 months
- A positive and professional working environment
- A great opportunity to grow with the company