The position of Chief Engineer at HolidayInn Brussels Airport is responsible for developing, implementing and managing contingency programs for the operation and maintenance of all equipment and physical structures and landscaping in accordance with corporate/franchise standards, local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and employees, ensure optimal operation, minimize costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Makes recommendations for the department’s budget and capital expenditure and manages expenditure within approved budget limits.
3 Years experience in same field
English, French and Dutch requiredCandidate Profile
– Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of engineering support, environmental controls and operational efficiency of the property.
– Ensure effective financial management of the engineering department by setting maintenance budgets.
– Plan, implement and manage an energy management programme.
– Evaluate, monitor and record energy use and implement and upgrade energy conservation systems.
– Contribute to guest satisfaction by ensuring technical support services are responsive to individual needs and anticipate them where possible.
– Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures.
– Ensure that all tests and inspections required by statutory authorities on the facility are carried out as and when required and that all records and documentation relating to such tests and inspections are properly retained and/or displayed.
– Maintain the condition of the hotel’s physical assets by carrying out all improvement and project work in conjunction with architects, interior designers and management.
– Ensure the effective operation of all mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventive maintenance programme.
– Ensure the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services carried out by external contractors through close supervision.
– Ensure that the quality of all work carried out by both employees and external contracted personnel meets the standards of good technical practice.
– Lead the Committee on Hygiene and Safety (CPPT/CPBW) and have the right to make all necessary recommendations to the GM on prevention at work, safety at work and welfare at work.
– Be responsible for coordinating with contractors for renovations, conversions and new construction.
Demonstrate service attributes in line with industry expectations and company standards, including:
Review and update existing standards to ensure competitiveness
Prepare, manage and deliver the department’s budget.
Contribute to the company’s overall strategic plan and assist in the compilation of the annual hotel business plan
Keep abreast of trends in your environment and implement best practice initiatives
Assist in the preparation of reports and budgeting for projects when required.
Organise staff management in your own department: recruitment, training …
Health, Safety and Security
Familiarise yourself with the company’s health and safety policy and ensure that your departments promote and comply with it
Familiarise yourself with property safety, first aid, fire and emergency procedures and actively apply them in your area of responsibility
Interesting staff rates
100% Reimbursement transportation costs