For our Client in Diegem, an upmarket hotel with event spaces, we are looking for an OUTLETS MANAGER.
Your day to day responsibilities:
• To ensure that the monthly forecasted Food & Beverage revenue figures are achieved.
• To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
• To ensure an effective payroll control, through a flexible work force maximize utilization of part time employees.
• To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
• To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for cashier / bar floats and their maintenance.
• To handle voiding, correcting, changing of restaurant, checks in accordance with the prescribed procedures and account for all checks used during each shift.
• To identify and correct any errors.
• To ensure that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statement, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Crowne Plaza Standards.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing Multi-Tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
• To establish a pool of qualified part time employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
• To be a hand on Manager and be present at all times in the Restaurant, especially during busy periods.
• To implement a flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
• To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
• To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
• To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
• To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
• To liaise with the Kitchen team on daily operations and quality control.
• To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
• To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
• To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
• To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to and that the Point of Sale system is updated and operated correctly.
• Ensure that all employees establish a rapport with guests. Handle all guest requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service.
• To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
• To ensure that the Outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
• To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
• To maintain the Daily Log Book.
• To submit to Food and Beverage Office the following: Holiday Critique, Monthly Objective Review, and Trainer’s Report.
• To plan the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
• To maintain outlet communication board.
• To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
• To report “Lost & Found” items, and handle them in accordance to the Policy & Procedures.
• To control requisitioning, storage and careful use of all Operating Equipment and Supplies. Housekeeping and Engineering:
• To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• To liaise and organize with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
• To coordinate all Repair and Maintenance and issue Repair and Maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
• To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlets and all other departments.
• To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel training as scheduled and other related activities.
• To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager.
• To respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
• To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
• To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• To conduct monthly staff meetings.
• To attend all meetings as required by HOD’s.
• To prepare and participate in the Monthly Objective Review.
• To identify training needs and plan training programs for the employees.
• To ensure that the outlet employees are Multi Skilled and have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency, through consistent training in accordance with the Annual Training Plan.
• To liaise and inform Food & Beverage Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
• To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
• To conduct staff yearly performance review.
• To ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
• To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
• To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Rules & Regulations.
• To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To carry out bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock checks.
• To plan and organize festive food promotions within your outlet.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Hands on mentality 80% operations, 20% administrative
- Great communication skills
- Fluent of English and French and/or Dutch
- Degree in hospitality management or similar
- Strong motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Good business awareness for achieving successful performance
- A minimum of experience in the field is necessary.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Team working skills to be able to lead a team and be a part of it
Full time contract
Attractive Salary Package