Overall Job Purpose
- Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
- Be responsible for providing technical and operational guidance for planning, directing and monitoring hotel costs including F&B costs and analyzing various variable costs in the rooms department.
The Procurement Manager/Cost Controller performs routine analysis on product mix/margin and guest preference information to help the operations staff understand the impact of their merchandising efforts on revenue.
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Embrace, uphold, and celebrate the Company’s Core Values
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
- Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
- Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
- Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
- Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
- Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
- Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
- Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
- Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
- Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
- Places orders and expedites deliveries
- Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
- Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
- Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
- Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
- Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Managing Cost Control activities
- Perform physical inventories for the food and beverage and retail as required.
- Perform routine analysis on product mix/margin and guest preference information to help the operations staff understand the impact of their merchandising efforts on revenue.
- Assist with inputting prices, menu changes and user changes in the point of sale (POS) system.
- Input receipt of all food, beverage and non-food products into the inventory and into the recipe part of the purchasing system.
- Update all inventory requisitions through the inventory and purchasing system.
- Assist in the calculation of potential cost of sale ratios.
- Maintain master cost files and recipes.
- Perform random checks to verify all products are stored appropriately and secured.
- Excellent communication skills
- Managing Execution
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capacity
- Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Consistent display of impeccable ethics
- Problem solver
- Positive approach
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Internationally experienced
- Affinity with a more refined lifestyle
- Proficiency in Office 365 is required
- Education and Experience
- A degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Preferably 1 to 2 years relevant experience in procurement and purchasing and/or hotel cost control.